Annoying flash of white when window loads

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Hello. Not sure if this is really a MUI problem, or more of a visual Studio one, but here goes anyway because it's driving me mad.

I put this line of code in the app.xaml so that it would start on the dark theme:
<ResourceDictionary Source="/FirstFloor.ModernUI;component/Assets/ModernUI.Dark.xaml"/>
However, when I load my project, the window flashes white before settling on the dark theme. It's only a quick flash, but it's very noticeable and looks a bit ugly and unprofessional, especially against the dark theme (not noticeable on light theme).

I can't seem to make it go away, and I swear this wasn't happening yesterday. It even happens when I start a fresh MUI project.

I just wondered if anyone knew why it did that and if it's possible to get rid of it, because it's really put me off using the dark theme.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM
I have not experienced such behavior. What OS are you running on? Anyone else seen this issue?
Apr 3, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Edited Apr 3, 2013 at 10:11 PM
No white flash seen here when launching my app in the dark theme, although my app.xaml is slightly different as I wire up my viewmodel locator (using mvvm light)
win7.
 <Application.Resources>
        <ResourceDictionary>
            <ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
                <ResourceDictionary x:Name="ThemeDictionary">
                    <ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
                        <ResourceDictionary Source="/FirstFloor.ModernUI;component/Assets/ModernUI.xaml" />
                        <ResourceDictionary Source="/FirstFloor.ModernUI;component/Assets/ModernUI.Dark.xaml" />
                    </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
                    <vm:ViewModelLocator x:Key="Locator" d:IsDataSource="True" />
                    </ResourceDictionary>
            </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
        </ResourceDictionary>
</Application.Resources>
Apr 4, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm running Windows 7. It seems to be a problem I have with Blend and Visual Studio. Not really sure why it happens but it's very annoying and impossible to get rid of.

What I've done for now is to set the window's default state as minimised, and then put a maximise call in the window_loaded event. It doesn't solve the problem, but at least it hides it from view.

Thanks anyway, guys.