This project is read-only.

Implement Modern UI in about three days :)

Apr 19, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Hi there,

just dropping by to say that I used your modern UI to create an application based on it in about 3 days - well done - great job - thanks a lot.

https://yalvlib.codeplex.com/

Now looking back at the ModernYalv application, I am not certain about some minor issues and maybe someone can help me with that. I am having trouble with the following problems:
  • How can I use the just the Windows Chrome without the page navigation stuff?
    I would like to use the window chrome and theming without the rest for a text editor - is there an easy way to do that?
  • How can I change programatically from one page to the other?
    Example from ModernYalv:
    Go to Start Page and click on a recent file entry to open a file.
Problem: The user has to manually click on a View to see the loaded content
  • How do I include my own (dark) theming styles into the modern ui theme?
    eg.: Hyperlink styles for dark and light themes?
  • How do I persist modern ui color settings to restore them when the application re-starts?
  • What Resource is the appearance color?
    {DynamicResource AccentColor} (?)
Many thanks a lot for this great work :)
Apr 20, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Edited Apr 20, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Use ModernWindow without page navigation: I just checked in a custom ModernWindow style that renders ModernWindow content without back button and other navigation features. Assign style EmptyWindow to your ModernWindow instance and set the Content property to render your own content directly.

Page navigation in code: see this thread

Custom theme: see the documentation on custom theming

Persistenting config settings: that's up to you, mui is not about saving config files.

What do you mean with appearance color?
Apr 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Thanks for your feedback

I realized there is a SettingsAppearanceViewModel.cs and I simply have to save the selecteditems from that ViewModel - that should be simple enough.

By Appearance Color I mean the color that you can setup on the settings page (yellow'ish screenshot:
https://yalvlib.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Modern%20UI%20client%20with%20Dark%20%26%20Light%20themes

I'd like to know the name of the DynamicResource (if any) so that I can use it for the elements I'd like to style with it.

Thanks a lot for the good work
Apr 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Resource AccentColor identifies the accent color, resource Accent identifies the Accent brush.