This project is read-only.

ModernWindow as full screen window for kiosk app (without min max close)

Jun 6, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Hi I want to write an app using the MUI stuff, my app is a kiosk app so all windows are full screen and can not be closed, minimized, maximized etc.

Is there a way to set the ModernWindow to not show the min max buttons.

I have modified the stack panel that contains the buttons and set the visibility of them to collapsed. This works fine except that if you have the window launched in maximized state, double clicking on the title area of the window will make it normal again.
Jun 7, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Hiding the ModernWindow window buttons is indeed step one. To become a true kiosk app, I would suggest looking at stackoverflow (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1808505/wpf-in-kiosk-mode-taskbar-troubles). This is a general WPF question.
Jun 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I don't have to worry about the task bar, as my app is the shell.

I can hide the min, max, close buttons but that doesn't work entirely as the double click on title area will cause the window to "restore".
Jun 7, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Edited Jun 7, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Double clicking the title area can be disabled by setting the WindowChrome.CaptionHeight to 0 like so;
<mui:ModernWindow xmlns:shell="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation/shell"
  <shell:WindowChrome.WindowChrome>
    <shell:WindowChrome
      CornerRadius="0"
      GlassFrameThickness="1"
      UseAeroCaptionButtons="False"
      CaptionHeight="0" />
  </shell:WindowChrome.WindowChrome>
</mui:ModernWindow>
Or you could create a custom ModernWindow style
Jun 7, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Will give it a try but won't that loose the "Settings" part ?
Jun 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM
The settings menu still works.
Jun 11, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Can you give me a example on how to hide the minimize and maximize buttons?
Jun 11, 2013 at 6:43 PM
The min/max buttons are defined in the default ModernWindow style. You'll need to create a custom ModernWindow style with the buttons hidden/removed.