How does Link defined in ModernWindow.TitleLinks relate to LinkGroup defined in ModernWindow.MenuLinkGroups?

Oct 21, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Hi, I installed the template from VS Gallery, and created a program to investigate. Here's the code from the project:
    <mui:ModernWindow.MenuLinkGroups>
        <mui:LinkGroup DisplayName="welcome">
            <mui:LinkGroup.Links>
                <mui:Link DisplayName="home" Source="/Pages/Home.xaml" />
            </mui:LinkGroup.Links>
        </mui:LinkGroup>
        <mui:LinkGroup DisplayName="settings" GroupName="settings">
            <mui:LinkGroup.Links>
                <mui:Link DisplayName="software" Source="/Pages/Settings.xaml" />
            </mui:LinkGroup.Links>
        </mui:LinkGroup>
    </mui:ModernWindow.MenuLinkGroups>

<mui:ModernWindow.TitleLinks>
        <mui:Link DisplayName="settings" Source="/Pages/Settings.xaml" />
    </mui:ModernWindow.TitleLinks>
How does the framework know to show the "settings" link group when I click the "settings" link in the title bar? Is it the DisplayName of Link mapped to the DisplayName of LinkGroup?

Thanks/Allen
Oct 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Hi, I experimented a little bit. Looks like the link in the title bar is related to link group in menu link groups via the Source property of both. Can someone confirm this and explain a little bit?

Thanks/Allen
Jun 3, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Any Ideas ??
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2014 at 6:47 PM
ModernWindow.TitleLinks is the collection of links shown at the top of each MUI window (in your case, currently showning settings). ModernWindow.MenuLinkGroups is the collection of link groups that forms the main menu.

It is important to understand that TitleLinks is a collection of Link instances, MenuLinkGroups is a collection of LinkGroup instances.

When selecting the settings link, the associated source page (/Pages/Settings.xaml) is loaded in the main frame. This settings page usually contains another set of links.
Jun 5, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Tranks kozw !!

Also, when the page Settings.xaml is loaded in the main frame, the MenuLinkGroups change. I don't understand how or where this is made. The complete menu structure is defined in the window, but the settings MenuLinkGroup is not showed. When the Settings page is loaded only the settings MenuLinkGroup is loaded.

I think this is controlled by GroupName, but I don't know how.

I have defined a complete menu structure, but I want to show only a few MenuLinkGroup for each page... This is the problem

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Dec 9, 2014 at 3:50 PM
kozw,

Would also like to know how the Settings page (TitleLink) gets tied to the MenuLinkGroup as I would like to add more "links" and have them behave as the Settings page.

Thanks
Coordinator
Dec 13, 2014 at 10:12 AM
The TitleLinks are not related to the MenuLinkGroups, anything added to the TitleLinks is showed at the top of the window.