Add glow to the m:ui windows and dialogs

Sep 20, 2014 at 10:14 AM
I wrote a fancy library that gives glows to WPF windows, so you can set WindowChrome.ResizeBorderThickness of the ModernWindow to 0 since the glows support resizing of the Window. Link to project
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Edited Sep 20, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Looks awesome! One remark and one question;
  1. Resize cursors are shown even when a window is not resizable.
  2. I like this so much, how do you feel about merging the GlowManager into the mui source code?
Sep 20, 2014 at 12:16 PM
First of all, this is kind of a collab with Ming Slogar . What I was aiming for was to help him get his code applicable to all of WPF. He's got a good infrastructure going, and I'm good at giving things dependencies so they become dynamic.
So to reply:
  1. I'm going to work on that. Tomorrow, probably.
  2. Am I going to fork it, or become a developer and contribute directly through source control?
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Either fork it, or let me merge it in the mui source. I have some ideas;
  • Move GlowManager and GlowWindow to FirstFloor.ModernUI.Windows (GlowManager becomes part of mui namespace)
  • Merge Win32 code with existing FirstFloor.ModernUI.Win32
  • Update default ModernWindow and ModernDialog styles with Glow enabled and ActiveGlowBrush set to mui's Accent brush
Looks like a relative small effort. With your permission I can have this up-and-running in no time.
Sep 20, 2014 at 1:45 PM
After forking and committing, I'll send a pull request, right? I'm not used to source control that much.
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Correct, see the codeplex documentation for details
Sep 21, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Alright, I've sent a pull request.
Dec 5, 2014 at 8:25 AM
I see the glow has a black shade would it have the shade of the selected color?
Dec 5, 2014 at 9:26 AM
It should. From my experiments, the glow colors are in sync with the attached window. Where are you seeing the black from?