This project is read-only.

Why does this not allow for the creation of resource dictionaries?

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:52 PM
I downloaded ModernUI for WPF about a month or so ago. I've been experimenting with it ever since. Recently I discovered that I couldn't easily create a resource dictionary file. The option to create a resource dictionary file is not in the Add Item menu. I verified this by creating a new ModernUI Navigation App and then tried doing an Add Item on the project; adding a resource dictionary isn't there. It's possible to create a resource file, but that is not the same thing.

So why does this template remove the ability to create a resource dictionary file?
Oct 29, 2015 at 9:28 PM
Interesting observation. I haven't noticed it before. Not sure why this happens. It's possible the WPF items such as resource dictionary are only shown when you create a project based on the WPF Application project. I have no solution at this point in time.
Oct 31, 2015 at 8:23 PM
I had the same issue. It is easily fixed by manually adding a line in the project file. You can find the details here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12558076/cant-find-resourcedictionary-in-add-new-item-window
Nov 5, 2015 at 3:42 PM
Thank you for that information, luni64!