This project is read-only.

Reg. Passing Data to Link's Source

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Edited Feb 28, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Hi,

From the example given, I can see that only static xaml pages are displayed. Can someone suggest me how to pass data to Link's Source. I am trying with MVVM pattern.

In the example, I wanted to show tabs in CommonDialog. Hence I used ModernTab. As ModernTab has Links collection, how to pass data of CommonDialog's Content to Link's Source?

Thanks & Regards,
Chakravarti.B.
Feb 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Hi Chakravarti,

There's currently no infrastructure for passing data to link source. I have some ideas on how to make this happen. For now you can access the current source uri (and query parameters) for the current page by using the following code;
// gets the current frame
var frame = NavigationHelper.GetFrame(null); 
var source = frame.Source;
Not sure what you want mean with pass data of of CommonDialog's content to link's source. Please elaborate.

Koen
Feb 28, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Hi Koen,

Thanks for your reply.

I am new to WPF. Recently I learned WPF with MVVM pattern.

Can we use ModernUI with MVVM pattern?

My scenario is like this. I will have a list view to show summary of items in a page of mainwindow. When user selects a item and edits the item, I will bring up ModernDialog. I will host a usercontrol on this ModernDialog to show the selected item. To display the selected item, I need to have multiple tabs in this usercontrol. For this, I thought of using modernTab. As ModernTab is having links collections, how can I show some information of item in one tab and other information in another tab?

Can you please share some examples which uses ModernDialog having ModernTab with MVVM pattern?

Thanks & Regards,
Chakravarti.B.
Feb 28, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Edited Mar 2, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Thanks for the explanation. I'll add some MVVM related topics to the documentation soon.

Koen
Mar 1, 2013 at 3:31 AM
Thanks Koen. It would he very helpful if we add an example too as soon.