Is it possible to add status bar at the bottom of the windows?

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I want a status bar to show some information, is there a way to add status bar in MUI?

Regards,
ZhangZQ
Mar 26, 2013 at 10:14 AM
it would be great if its natively support in modern ui. but if its not, its not that hard to implement either(at least, i thought).
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2013 at 11:36 PM
MUI defines a region for simple status messages per page. Add a row to the Grid content root in your page and use the StatusMargin resource to position your status messages like so;
<Grid Style="{StaticResource ContentRoot}">
  <Grid.RowDefinitions>
    <RowDefinition />
    <RowDefinition Height="Auto" />
  </Grid.RowDefinitions>

<!-- your page content goes here -->        

<TextBlock Grid.Row="1" Text="my status message" Margin="{StaticResource StatusMargin}" />
</Grid>
The wireframe page in the sample application demonstrates a status message as well. If you want to define a status message outside a page you'll need to modify the ModernWindow template.
Mar 27, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Kozw,

Thanks. I don't want to define the status bar in each page, I want a status bar outside the page, I will try to modify this part in ModernWindows.xaml.
                                        <Grid Grid.Row="4">
                                            <Path x:Name="ResizeGrip" Visibility="Collapsed" Width="12" Height="12" Margin="1" HorizontalAlignment="Right" 
                                                  Stroke="{DynamicResource WindowText}"
                                                  StrokeThickness="1"
                                                  Stretch="None"
                                                  Data="F1 M1,10 L3,10 M5,10 L7,10 M9,10 L11,10 M2,9 L2,11 M6,9 L6,11 M10,9 L10,11 M5,6 L7,6 M9,6 L11,6 M6,5 L6,7 M10,5 L10,7 M9,2 L11,2 M10,1 L10,3" />
                                        </Grid>
Feb 19, 2014 at 5:49 AM
Hello,

I am also working on such status bar, so can any one please tell me how i initialize value of status bar in child windows.

Thanks
Feb 19, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Sorry, I did not use this library in my project now.

Regards,
ZhangZQ
Sep 5, 2014 at 7:08 AM
Does anyone have a simple example on how to implement this in ModernWindow, let's say a dynamic label at the bottom of the window? I know how to put a label there, but I am not sure about the binding part, do I need to extend ModernWindow.cs as well? Thanks.