Help me

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Hi!
  1. How to display an Image (ICO, PNG, BMP) on the form of UserControl? (Content, Pages) I couldn't do it. In the editing program Visual Studio Image (ICO, PNG, BMP) is visually reflected, but when the program is actuated (launched) the Image can not be seen on the form.
  2. Why localization of pop-up tooltip (CultureInfo) on system buttons such as "minimize", "maximize", "close" and ModernDialog is not supported? How can it be fixed???
Jun 20, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Hello, I try to help you with my bad English.

1) I had the same problem and I solved it by setting the Build Action property to Resource.
However, after discovering vector images (modern ui icons), I dropped the png file and now I manage everything with StreamGeometry tag.

2) I was going to do your own request when I read your post. We hope that our desire is fulfilled, unfortunately, these strings are not handled as resources.
Coordinator
Jun 20, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Edited Jun 20, 2013 at 3:06 PM
diam0nds is correct; the most common reason images are not rendered is an invalid Build Action

Localized tooltip values; that needs to move to resources. Currently hardcoded in the ModernWindow and ModernDialog templates. You could replace the default control styles for now to provide your own tooltips.
Jun 20, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  1. Thanks for the help. Works. (Спасибо)
  2. I'm writing multilingual applications. Use this code.
   // Change culture under which this application runs
   CultureInfo ci = new CultureInfo("ru-RU");    // or  CultureInfo ci = new CultureInfo("en-US");
   Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = ci;
   Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = ci;
I would like to see in future support in the ModernWindow and ModernDialog templates, so that the application can automatically switch resources.

Thanks. :)
Oct 28, 2013 at 8:19 AM
kozw wrote:
diam0nds is correct; the most common reason images are not rendered is an invalid Build Action
Hi, I'm student. This is the first I use MUI. I saw in demo of MUI, they can show images from Flick, use IContentLoader for loading content in the ModernFrame. But I can't find documents. So I can't do. I have a problem is I only want to display a image in my application. My English is bad, I hope you understand my problem and help me. (Load a images from disk and show in app). Thanks.
Coordinator
Oct 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Looks like a generic WPF question; see Use wpf image control to show an image from filesystem (StackOverflow)